Dr. Mohammed Rafik, A Bachelor of Naturopathy and yogic science having his masters in Acupuncture, having vast practical experience with practical work, consultancy, is the Medical Director of Thonse Health Centre.
A world famous nature cure specialist, a well known orator, author of books, winner of many awards and felicitations, a very humble personality, role model for friendship, the one who dedicated his life for Natural Health Programmes, is everything for Thonse Health Centre.
Profile of Medical Director : Dr. Mohammed Rafik
Passed BNYS (Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences) in 1994,
Masters in Acupuncture.
- Departmental Head and consultant in the dept of Natural medicine at S.D.M. college of
Ayurveda for 14years.
- Assistant Professor at S.D.M College of Ayurveda, department of swasthavritha.
Specialized consultant at Nagarjuna Health centre Udupi since 1995.
- chief medical officer in S.D.M. Nature Cure Hospital for 4 years.
- Resource person to Govt Health programme & Health Educational programme.
- In the field of rural health service of M.S. Charitable Trust of health service. Since1994.
- Faculty of numerous Naturecure seminars, Workshops, camps in various Institutions, Schools And in Different organizations.
- Attended seminars to bring awareness in common people regarding Prevention of Disease.
- Resource person for number of corporate health programme at different parts of India
- Corporate skill management programme, seminars, conferences in various places of
Karnataka, Goa, Delhi, and Kerala and abroad.
- Camp coordinator for NIN’s(National Institute of Naturopathy-govt of India health and family
welfare dept.) Natural medicine awareness camps.
- Attended AIDS awareness programme conducted by Rotary Club, International unit & Govt
- External examiner for Mangalore University examination Faculty since from the year
- External examiner Faculty for Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
- University examination faculty of Dr.M.G.R. Medical University Tamilnadu.
- Examiner Faculty to CCRYN’s (Govt of India) Diploma Courses.
- University approval committee member to various medical and paramedical colleges.
- Executive member for Mysore Govt Nature cure College approval committee on behalf of
Rajiv Gandhi health university -Bangalore.
- Invited by the government of U.A.E. in 1999 & delivered an introductory speech regarding
Nature cure in the Ministry of Health. Presented the details regarding Naturopathy and
submitted the materials for natural medicine course for the M.O.H exams.
- Invited by the college of complementary medicine, Malaysia as a resource person to the
workshop on Cancer Management through alternative medicine. They assigned to work in the
cancer sanatorium for one month and later they extended for another month and finally they
arranged visa for permanent stay but due to parents ill health was not able to take the
- Attended Nature cure & preventive medicine workshop in Singapore as a resource person and
lifestyle management consultant.
- Online consultant for Lotus fair health organization U.S.A.
- Attended patients from Germany, France, Italy, Thailand, Sweden Ireland, Norway, Japan,
Brazil, U.K. Australia, Portugal, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, Scotland, USA, Canada, South
Africa, Gulf, Srilanka, Pakistan, Russain etc.
Extra Curricular Achievents:
- University level best Youth poet awarded by Mangalore University in 1992.
- University level player in volley ball and Football.
- University level Athletic -100 meter and 200 meter and long jump.
- Gold medal winner for environmental essay competition by Mangalore University.
- Gold medal winner for Ramayana and Mahabharata essay competition organized by V.H.P. Conferences and Seminars:
- Presentation on national and International Level Natural Medicine, Preventive diseases, Life
style disorders etc.
- Presentation on All India Psychiatric Conference held at Manipal in 2001Conducted by
Kasturba Medical College, Manipal (Mahe University)
- Presentation on Obesity in All India Ayurveda Conference held in 2008 at Udupi, conducted
by SDM Ayurveda College Udupi
- Resource person to “All India level Metabolic disorder” workshop at KS Hegde Medical
College Mangalore in 2006.
- Attended research Methodology workshop from CCRYN in 2006. Sponsored by W.H.O.
- Invited as a resource person at the All India Philosophical Society’s National Conference on
Indian philosophy at Sri Krishna Temple Udupi in 2008.
- Undertaken a research project on “The role of Yoga on antenatal and parturition benefits” as a
co guide to Dr Tanmay bagade.
- Co- guide to Dr padma’s topic of “The Bhujangasana on Katishoola.
- At present co guide to Dr Sheela’s work on "Anatomy of Asanas".
- Directed /Guided for many Health Projects, Projects of Research Work.
Awards and Honours
- A awarded with the title “Best Naturopath”, by The Lions International for services in the
Rural Health Movement
- Felicitated by Sri Vishwesha Theertha swamiji of Sri Krishna mutt, Udupi for the service in
the field of Naturopathy
- Felicitated by Udupi District civil forum (Late Sri K. K. Pai) for the service in the field of
Naturopathy and Health Education.
Author of Books
- Obesity and Natural remeady
- Diabetes mellitus and management.
Medical Director -
THONSE HEALTH CENTRE,
Holystic Hospital & Research Institution
of Indian System of Medicine
Thonse- Post Hoode- 576115,
Udupi, Karnataka. India.
BAIKADI HASSAN SAHEB CHARITABLE TRUST ®
Post Hoode- 576115, Thonse, Udupi District, Karnataka, India.
Tel: 0091-820-2548774 | Mob:00919448252401
Email ID: email@example.com